Thursday, May 23, 2013

Post-Op Productivity

I had surgery three weeks ago and recovery is coming along. I have been able to do some sewing. I am caught up with the blocks I am making with the Virtual Quilting Bee.

 

I'm using all solid fabrics, playing around with color.
Here are the six blocks so far...
 
 
 
I also put together a quick charm square quilt. It is really bright and cheery, but I can't decide if I like it or not.
Size: 48" square

I used brown for the background because I have a cute brown fabric with flowers that sort of match the flowered fabric in the blocks. But it turned out to be way too busy for borders; it will go on the back.
 
Finally, I made a quilt guild name tag for my good friend. She loves batiks, so this is perfect for her!

Size: about 4"

1 comment:

Mrs. JP said...

I like your orange and brown quilt. It is very retro and would even be a good baby quilt!
I hope you feel better.